All The Four Letter Words

The truth is that I love Jesus, but I cuss a little.

YET....I have found that as I am finding more inner peace (#counseling) my potty mouth (insert litany of excuses here) and idling high tendencies have subsided greatly, and I do mean GREATLY.

So...wonder of wonders when in the past two days I have nearly come unwound over (to some degree) trivial stuff by comparison with all of the very BIG stuff God is shuffling in my tiny corner of the world. I am perplexed and frustrated that I cannot get it under control. I mean what about all of this newfound healthy coping mechanisms?!?!?

So one of my dearest friends sent me this photo today via text....


"...chosen for this moment that is at once great and terrible."

Oh yes....yes, I get that....completely.

Here is what happens when you start changing....other people Freak. Out.

Sometimes that "other people" is YOU.

I am just going to #micdrop myself right there.

Let me tell you....growth is HARD. If it wasn't, everyone would be doing it....and trust me, they are NOT (says someone who resisted growth for a few decades under the guise of "I got this....and this...and this too. (insert eye roll here)).

So....for all of us out here busting our behinds trying to grow and do better and be better....for all of the prayer warriors that are on their knees daily praying for us (and praying for the herd of angels charged with watching over us)....for those that work with us, live with us, befriend us during these sticky-icky-tricky seasons - lets give ourselves an "all the four letter words" day pass because some day(s) growth just gets the best of us or someone near us and those do not count as a #bestdayever and that is A-Okay. Promise.

Promise.

How do I know that?

Because you are a daughter...a son...loved by a Father without rival. It is a love that is MORE than all you could need on your worst day. Yes, that worst day.

I am the first to admit, I am L O A T H I N G this personal growth season I find myself in, but I would also be the first to tell you I have more HOPE than ever before that God is bringing me through this to something more true, more fulfilling, more authentic to my specific soul imprint...than I have ever known before...I guess you could say I "believe outrageously."

So I am not going to let my heart be discouraged because there are those around me freaking out...or because I am freaking out. I have hope in them....and in me...because I have hope in God.

Also, as I shared elsewhere today....emotional growth should be an Olympic sport. Just sayin'. ;)

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)