The First of Many Mondays

Yesterday. Sunday. I got a message that made my chest tighten.

It wasn't necessarily angry. It wasn't directed at me. It was simply one friend venting about another friend about a mutual project (all of us). I started sweating. My chest tightened. My heart quickened. My mood dropped.

I don't like conflict.

I mean. I. Don't. Like. Conflict.

I don't like it when it is because of me...at me...around me....in my circle...in my circle's circle.

I don't like conflict. At. All.

Happy Monday!

*Insert Nervous Laughter*

I am an entrepreneur.

Hello. My name is Heather Nelson, and I am an entrepreneur. That. Leads. People.

Conflict is...Well. Lets just say if conflict had a name in my world, it would be Monday.

Monday = Conflict

*Ugh*

Someone should send me roses....bring me coffee in bed...wash my hair and fix it for me...tell me how amazing I am....not every day, but every single Monday.

So that is what I am looking for...someone with superpowers over Monday OR simply someone who is my champion every Monday morning because Mondays are HARD!

I just died laughing.

I am a baby.

There is something about finding peace on the inside....it creates a peace-seeker out of you. I have had entire decades dedicated to waiving my sword and fighting the good fight on any number of topics, in any number of arenas, against any number of individuals. Not anymore. I don't want to fight anymore. I hate it. Loathe it. It makes my stomach churn.

Mondays feel like emotional war.

I need to fix that. I am not sure how, but I know that I need to fix how I approach Mondays. Why? Because this isn't a "Jon Acuff thing"....I genuinely love what I do (not every day or in every way), but I am part of a team doing GOOD work. I love that. So...if it isn't really about my work...then there is something else out of whack.

So....this isn't as much a post about what I do...as much as it is a request for advice. How do you approach Mondays? How do you approach conflict? Any advice or recommendations for me? Anybody want to apply for that Monday Champion role??? ;) :)

Please. Share.

I'm listening.

***I have had the BEST New Year's Eve/Day Holiday Weekend EVER. It was more than I could have dreamed. I might have actually fallen down the rabbit hole into "Dolche far Niente" this past weekend....and maybe the truth is that I am really nervous because I don't want to lose what I found there. So, there it is....a fresh new challenge....maintaining this newfound balance I have taken a sip of...***

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)

Labels: , , ,