Happy New Year!!!!!


 

This isn't going to be the summary post for the #threeyearpurgefest BUT it is coming...I simply need time to process. Please keep reading though....;)

Whew!

The wrap-up post on my heart is going to take time and moxie because I slid in broadside to the end of that season and into this new year.

Let me say this though...I am sitting at my writing desk.

*Tears*

Let that sink in....

*Deep Sigh*

I haven't sat at my desk in over a year. The purge took it over, and I have been writing everywhere BUT at the desk I so carefully selected two years ago. I sit here today at a clean desk, a beautiful (my favorite scent) candle lit, two pottery jars full of pens, dried flowers from my dear friend's wedding in my favorite heart-shaped vase given to me years ago by another friend, an antique writing box, antique (literally) dictionary, box of thank you notes, my stack of Bibles (because one isn't enough for me LOL), a legal pad, my music, and a mimosa. Don't judge on that last part (I will give you a hint that I had only half a glass of champagne last night...#spoileralert). I just took the most completely relaxing bubble bath Of. My. Life. followed by a hot shower (because that is how I roll), and when I got out...I just sat on the side of the tub wrapped up in a towel and savored the stillness.

*Tears*

I am not ready to wrap-up in words what the last three years have meant to me....what I have learned...how I have grown and changed....how I believe my life going forward will never be the same...

I want to savor every single moment of this day. Today.

I mean...I made it!

I did have New Year's Day brunch plans, but I cancelled them. Today feels so sacred. It is about me taking long, steady, deep breaths and savoring every precious moment. It is about me saying thank you to God for carrying me through it. I wrapped up a three year season yesterday, and it Took. Me. Out. BUT I also woke up this morning giddy. Giddy.

...I felt myself about to digress into lessons learned...too much....too soon.

Let me say this....THANK YOU!

Yesterday I received more messages of love, prayer, encouragement, songs, and just an overwhelming cheering of the masses around me. It was BREATHTAKING. I had NO idea my journey had touched so many OR that so many were as anxious to see me finish the race well, as I was to finish well...and it was beautiful to my soul. Thank. You.

I cannot wait to tell the tale of yesterday. This morning over coffee I jotted down notes (which I never do as it pertains to writing), but I knew there were aspects of yesterday that I did not want to forget. Magical doesn't even come close.

So....I am off to....well, whatever I want...my to do list is checked off and for the first time in three years...I have nothing on my calendar....not a worry, not a task, not a looming to do. Today is just about being....Present.

If I feel like it, I will do what I have done on every New Year's Day I can remember....dream and plan. Plus I have Restoration January to start (yes I am doing that again). I woke up this morning (having laid it all out the night before) and it was like Christmas morning because of THIS....


Hey! I am still Heather ;)

So....Happy New Year! I have never been more excited by a new year, and I have never ever been more clueless as to what it holds for me personally and professionally....this whole letting go and unclenching my fists is new, but (I just laughed out loud as I wrote that) I like it....kind of tingly all over. ;)

Isaiah 52 just whispers to me this morning....no words more than these....
 
Wake up, wake up, O Zion!
    Clothe yourself with strength.
Put on your beautiful clothes, O holy city of Jerusalem,
    for unclean and godless people will enter your gates no longer.
Rise from the dust, O Jerusalem.
    Sit in a place of honor.
Remove the chains of slavery from your neck,
    O captive daughter of Zion.

Shackles lay on the ground all around my feet....stepping out and forward...Morning Has Broken.

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)

Labels: , , , , , ,