Happy Miracle Anniversary!

It is worth noting that today is my two year anniversary from being pronounced a miracle.

I just laughed out loud.

The truth is I had a health scare two years ago that lasted approximately four months and ended two years ago today when the doctors announced my latest blood work normal (not me...the blood work) and stated that they had ZERO explanation for what had happened and then used the word "miracle" to describe it all.

Hmmm....

Thank you God. I raise my hands even now to God for it...I am THAT grateful.

I have had some medical mysteries/issues in my adult life that have shocked, hurt, and in the most painful of cases had me close a door to having children. I don't talk a lot about any of them. In fact, I can probably count on two hands how many conversations I have had about any of them...until the last one. There I was in the throws of a spiritual meltdown/awakening/Come To Jesus period including an upcoming trip to Haiti (my first) and WHAM! God sets my butt down and starts spinning the ground underneath me....round and round and round. For the first time in my entire life, I got vocal and public about not only what was happening to me, but in asking for prayer. Like, please GOD, if you love me...pray for me...because I am at the end of the rope with no knots left to tie. None. Nada. Zip.

I found it ironic that today was my anniversary date (that memoir app will be the death of me) and that I had not remembered (you can't even scroll ahead on that memoir app...what is up with that???...actually a pretty cool/good thing) it. I mean, I remember it, but I did not realize today was the two year anniversary....until this morning when it popped up (literally) on my phone.

Hmmmm.....

...and me all having woken up at 6:30 a.m. (on a Saturday #forthelove) and doing an hour long Bible study with Lysa TerKeurst (which also popped up on my phone...me unaware). Again, at 6:30 In. The. Morning.....On. A. Saturday.

....and I started laughing out loud.

Because last night I had done a post on my writing page (FB) about this being my spa weekend of restoration and how I was all in flannel pjs (air on 71), essential oils percolating, freshly made bed, new book, yada yada yada....and I am passed out (from the Eucalyptus fumes I am sure) at 10 p.m. and wide awake 8 1/2 hours later...because God said, "Surprise. I have decided to plan your day." I know this because when I woke up at 6:30 a.m. (don't worry....I will get over it in a second), I rolled over and looked up and asked him WHAT in the world he was doing??? Hadn't he gotten the memo from me last night that I was going to sleep in????

God. What a comedian.

How about you and I spend some time together this morning? You, me, a cup of coffee...and a few surprises I am going to pop up on your phone that have you RUSHING for your Bible at 6:45 a.m.

Who am I to argue with God?

Don't say it.

More laughter.

Two years ago as I stumbled out of the doctor's office in shock, a song by Brandon Heath came on...called As Long As I'm Here, and I listened to it on repeat the rest of that day. I hope you will take the time to click on the link (link in song title) and listen to it. If you haven't had your own "touch the tip of Jesus' cloak moment" as I have nicknamed mine, then you are more than happy to meditate on mine...a relatively healthy girl suddenly is pronounced unhealthy and rushed in and out of multiple doctors, blood work every other day, a biopsy/surgery, numbers climbing (not good), and on and on for four months until THIS...


Normal.

...and just like that, I am okay.

Say what????
 
"Someday I will pass to the great sky above and the first thing I'll ask is how well did I love..."

I could NOT get it out of my head.

I think in some ways that song is what haunts me (in a good way) every single day.

"...you gave me the heart and the time I would need to find you and make it back home..."

I cannot not do better....or die trying. Seriously. Die. Trying. Why? Because clearly I am supposed to be here. YOU are supposed to be here.

God has been MORE than patient with me. More. Than.

How well did I love? How well DO I love?

Big questions for a Saturday that was supposed to be spent relaxing and having my body beat on (aka deep tissue massage by the masterful Gail).

What are you grateful for today? Where has God turned around in your life and said, "Go in peace, and be freed from your suffering." {Mark 5:34} Did you? Did you go in peace? Are you still suffering?

Jesus loves you. Jesus loves me. He is telling us to keep going. We aren't done yet. I am not done yet.

That, THAT is redemptive living breathing grace, and I am so grateful for it. I also hope I am getting a little better about living it and giving it...Every. Day.

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :) 

Labels: , , ,