What You'll Need...


I saw this photo on Instagram earlier this week, and all I can think now is...I should have known.
 
I should have known that there was a reason my eyes hung on it a little longer than normal. I should have known there was a reason I took a quick photo of it with my phone. I simply should have known.
 
Maybe everyone else learned this little nugget and never forgot it, but we need other people.
 
I think the hardest adjustment I have had to make on this journey of the past few years is the fact that I had to lose people in order to learn how much I needed people. Who the heck knew?!?!
 
God.
 
Wednesday night I might have had a teensy, weensy meltdown. It was around 8:30 p.m. I had just arrived home from one of the hardest days we have had in awhile coupled by a long, albeit important, business meeting that went past 8. It was a full, hard day. That wasn't the cause of the meltdown though...my sudden realization that the journey I had been on for about three years would have an end date and then what? It was if for the first time in three years, I was clearheaded enough to realize that this "season" would not go on forever and that at the end of this season there was no plan...no expectations...no big next thing. I. Freaked. Out. I mean...lost my sh*t.
 
I was smart enough to curl up and simply go God what the heck? Which reminds me of this great song I am becoming addicted to called "First" by Lauren Daigle which is such a great reminder of my desire to go to God first. That said, I must have been in quite the state because God did not take long to make my phone ring with an old friend on the other end. A friend who let God speak through them and right into the caverns of my lost mind, completely pulling me back to my heart. It took two hours. TWO.
 
The even more beautiful part is how they took me back over 20 years and literally spoke truths into the timeline of my adult life revealing where God had me and I will never forget these words, "Heather stand still and let the truth of who you are and your destiny wash over you. This has always been. Step into it." Whoa.
 
Let me tell you what you will need in this day-by-day journey called life...a Truthteller.
 
The enemy HATES us; therefore, we must LOVE each other even more fiercely.
 
I can't say it any more plainly than that.
 
The day after my cry for help, I met a friend for lunch and they needed a little truthtelling. I could not help but smile and tell them about the night before and said, "Let me repay the favor and remind you who you are in God." I am not sure if it was lunch or church, but it was a gift for us both. Great friends. True friends. Your tribe is like that. Just. Like. That.
 
To live wholeheartedly is the hardest thing...TRULY...but I have never felt more known by so many...by anyone...as I am now, and I would not trade the experience of being truly known for all the money or success or this or that. It is the very BEST feeling ever.
 
Surround yourself with the things you love, but don't forget to take your tribe with you wherever you go. You need them. You need to let God use them in your life.


Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :) 

Labels: , , ,