A New Start ~ Renewal & Rediscovery

❤

I am so excited.  When I pull myself out of the fetal position, I am so excited. :)

If New Year's Eve is insight into how your new year will go, I will get more rest in 2013. :)  I was in a coma a good hour before the new year rang in.  My name is Heather, and I am no party animal. I am okay with that. :)

I am resolved to get more rest...good rest...in 2013.  I have treated my body poorly in the immediate past, and I will do better, be better to the shell protecting my mind, heart and soul.  I got a running start (pun intended) this past week.  I am already feeling better. Big smile. :)))

be better.

This new year, for me, isn't just about feeling better....it is about being a better me.  There was so much I loved and learned in 2012...about myself and others...I really, truly want to build on those lessons.  I want this year to be about renewing and rediscovering the very best things about myself and the life I lead.  I want to spend a lot more time championing others...the family I love, the friends I adore, and the people who make my work in this world matter.  I want to spend more time writing about the things that matter to me...things I believe in...things I am passionate about; I want to make a bigger difference in the world around me.  I want to spend a lot more time living my life and less time surviving my life.  I believe it is time for Heather Ruth to hang up the suit of armor...and the Wonder Woman cape...both of which I failed at miserably...

It is long past time for this girl to grow up and simply be a woman in this world...walking her individual path...wherever it may lead...roads less traveled and all...;)


So...here I am at the beginning of a new year, a new month, a new...really, a renewed life.  Anything can happen...and that makes me very happy and very glad. 

I have no resolutions, but I do have a list of goals for this year...a very long list.  Seth Godin would call them intentions.  I find that amusing...and supremely accurate. :)  I intend to accomplish more of them this year than last, and I started with today. ;)

16726_517343244963770_469788037_n_large
 
"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." ~ Edith Lovejoy Pierce

So what are you going to do with all of the blank pages that lay open before you? 

I don't know about you, but I have a beautiful, optimistic, hopeful feeling about 2013.  Maybe it is the Irish in me and the fact that emerald green has been named the color of the year for 2013, but I feel a wee bit giddy about the year that lays before me...:)))

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)