In Search of a Champion

"Liz says, “I’m sick of people telling me that I need a man.” To which Felipe replies, “You don’t need a man, Liz. You need a champion.” " ~ Eat Pray Love

Yes. That.

We ALL need this...men and women.  I need this.


I found this photo hysterical.  Women...if we need a billboard, then we probably are in deeper trouble than we think...:)

I have had great love in my life.  In some ways, I have been the luckiest girl in the world.  Blessed, actually.  I hope I have great love again...just something more along the champion, happily ever after side would be lovely...

I don't simply want this in my love life.  I want this in all my relationships.  I want to be (and have) champions in my friendships, my work, my church, my community.  A little more let me take the bullet for you, and a little less how many bullets will it take to take you down?! 

To be a champion for others is a lot about bravery.  Am I willing to take the bullet for them even though I am not sure I agree with them 100% on everything...oh and I think they might be nuts?  Is someone willing to take the bullet for you...even though...

I am starting to see life as more of an act of bravery and less whatever selfish endeavor I am off on at any given time.  Am I championing others?  Truly?  I am asking myself tough questions like these daily now...if not hourly.  What is my life's legacy?

I think it starts by taking care of others...defending others...building up others...even when it is possibly painful or even a little risky for us. 

I am looking for a champion.  I am looking to be one too.

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)