A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving


Did you know that you can watch the entire Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on You Tube?  How cool is that?! 

So clearly, I am a fan. :)

This is my favorite moment from the show.  I love the setting.  I love Linus' prayer.  I love the eclectic mix of chairs, and I mostly love the sentiment.  Tomorrow we will be having what we have lovingly titled "PJs & Picnic Thanksgiving" and it is as much fun as it sounds.  Only one person in the group is allowed to shower (he has a shower fetish), everyone wakes/stays in/goes back to bed in their pajamas throughout the day, we cook, we eat, we watch football & movies, play games, eat leftovers throughout the day...Yup, all in our pajamas. 

Let me say that it really is as awesome as it sounds (tomorrow is not a first edition :)).  It truly allows us to focus more on each other and having fun then what we look like (or smell like...just kidding). 

I am a girl full of gratitude. This has not been my "Best. Year. Ever." by a long shot, but it has been a year full of lessons that have pushed me, molded me, changed me, grown me...I am grateful.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." ~ Melody Beattie

...and there is the lesson...

"...gratitude makes sense of our past..."

I so LOVE that part.  It is a reminder that I don't have to understand everything that has happened in my life, but I do need to be grateful for it....because if nothing else...it got me to HERE.

Tomorrow when we go around the table (in our PJs) and say what we are thankful for this year...mine will be that very moment, for that is what I am learning to appreciate...the single beautiful moments that make up a very full, complicated, exhilarating, love-infused, grace-filled, beautiful, eclectic, joyful LIFE.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and friends...be grateful, savor every single moment...Love.

...and maybe wear your PJs all day tomorrow...(just to make'm wonder ;))...

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)