You're Beautiful

How many times do you say this to another woman...another person?  How many times do you say this to a child?  How many times do you say this to yourself?

I have been downloading songs from the Captivating Retreat and creating a play list on my IPod so that whenever I need a pick-me-up, I can just go directly to the play list...and be transported. :)  They gave us a list of all the music played during the retreat, and as I have been downloading them, I have been struck by how many are titled "Beautiful" or have it in the title, or it is simply a focus of the lyrics. 

Hmmmm...

Okay....I got distracted.  My Twitter and FB feeds are blowing up with the debate (I am clearly not watching it.), and something about binders must have been said. *Sigh*

That actually feeds into my original train of thought...women.  We are beautiful.  God made us beautiful.  He made us in his image.  We don't always treat ourselves beautifully.  We don't always treat each other beautifully.  We don't always appreciate God's beauty.

October is "Stop Bullying Month"...that makes me SO sad.  What does that say that we have to devote a month to something that should just end....never happen in the first place?  What is happening to us?  We tear down instead of build up. :(

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."~ Albert Einstein

The above is one of the most powerful quotes.  I believe it to my core.  I have been bullied (in the last month actually), and I know how awful it felt...I am an adult.  Imagine a child?!  I have also witnessed evil and not confronted it.  Shame on me!

Enough.

We have to "own" our actions.  "Own" our words.  We have to stand up to evil when we see it....When we are bearing the brunt of it.  We must take the time to build each other up.  To tell the children around us how truly beautiful they are.  To tell the adults in our lives how beautiful they are...how much they mean to us.  How much we love them. 


I saw this picture on my way back from Colorado, and I thought...Yes. This.

Just love yourself...love each other.  Lets start a Love Revolution and see if that can catch on as fast as "Binders Full of Women" did on FB (32,000 in 51 minutes according to a friend of mine). 

Here are a few songs to inspire you on your quest to think of "Beautiful" things....

You're Beautiful by Phil Wickham
 
Beautiful by Kari Jobe
 
Overcome by Jeremy Camp

Love.  Just Love. :)))

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)