Colorado Bound

I had a rough time Sunday night....I knew almost instantly that it was a "sign" from God.  The week leading up to this Colorado trip has been one of the strangest of my life, and it only took three specific strange things before I figured out what was going on (if only they had stopped at three)....I am a dense one sometimes.

*Sigh*

I have been planning for this trip for nearly a year.  I entered a lottery system in July and found out a week later that I had won a spot.  The spot was for a women's ministry retreat in Colorado.  I will post more details later, but needless to say I had a heads up from a friend of mine who did the men's ministry retreat through the same place that it was a life changer....in ways I wouldn't fully understand until I went through it.  I got hit with some of it this past week....and I know without a doubt it was prep for the retreat.  I simply KNOW it.

If there is one thing I have learned the past two years, it is to be more aware of the "signs" around me.  I believe everything happens for a reason...even if it simply due to our own stupidity.  Life is made up of our choices...Every. Day.

Back to the start of this....after Sunday night, I woke up Monday in a dreamy fog of anticipation over what the next two days could have in store for me...I mean thinking of the week prior...anything could happen at this point.  Right?!  Right!

Pinned Image

Well, what happened was that God swung open a couple of doors...WIDE.  Leaving me simply...breathless.

I am still breathless...

I got home tonight (late)...I still have to unpack and re-pack a little (most of my packing I did a week ago....I am just a teeny bit excited about this trip), do some last minute work e-mails, check my schedule (I am driving the whole way in the Rubicon...by myself...VERY excited...alone time is precious gearing up for this and then decompressing on the way home afterwards), e-mail some emergency contact information to a few people, etc...and finally....try to get some sleep (good luck with that).

I set out tomorrow, and I swear I feel 18 years old.  Isn't that funny???  Especially since I am ABSOLUTELY sure I never felt like this at 18; I was way too serious to feel like this...

Pinned Image

Life is an adventure, and I am thrilled to once again feel that thrill of the unknown...what is around the next corner...I have absolutely NO idea, and I could not care less.  What I do know is that it is well with my soul.  Where there has been pain, God has brought sudden overwhelming joy.  Where there has been doubt, he has brought peace.  I imagine (if my friend is to be believed)...this is only the beginning of changes for me over the next week. *Phew*

Pinned Image

For everything there is a season...I can tell the seasons have changed in my life...quite literally. :)))

I will post when and as I can...please send up thoughts and prayers for a safe journey and for me to learn all the lessons that God has in store for me...:)))

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)