Words Matter...Silence Matters

Pinned Image

Over the past several months I have heard a lot of things about women that quite literally drop my jaw and leave me puzzled.  I have heard these things internationally, nationally, locally...and every single time it renders me speechless...then when I catch my breath, and depending on my audience, I feel the passion in me rise like the ocean tide.  What I am about to say isn't just about women....it is about all of us.

So let me say this on this beautiful Sunday morning...since I am running late for church, I will be brief (for now)....ladies and gentlemen (young and old), words matter

In the past 17 months, I myself have taken a different and new look at the words I say, phrases I use, etc.  I am not simply talking about profanity here....I am talking about how you refer to people...to children, women, men, etc.  How you refer to yourself.  In the words you use, to the stories you tell.  It isn't about filtering yourself either, it is about recognizing where those words are coming from....whether you were raised that way, it is a nervous tick, a defense mechanism...whatever it is...you need to take the time to make sure that you are not demeaning people when you speak.  I know a lot of good people, good Christian people, who tell stories, jokes, etc. without any realization that they are insulting up to 51% of the world when telling them. 

The other side of this is silence.  Let me be crystal clear here...silence matters.  What you don't confront, you condone.  Period.

So, if you see people saying or doing something wrong to themselves or others, and you don't step in to assist, change it, fix it, help it/help them.  You, YOU are condoning it.  This is whether you are adult or child, young or old.  Everyone wants to say, well I can't do anything about that....well, that is a cop-out.  You can speak up.  You can use your voice.  You can take a stand.  YOU can DO something. 

Life is hard.  Life is not for the faint of heart.  We need each other.  We need to give each other mercy, show each other grace, love each other as Jesus instructed AND represented to us. 

Words Matter...Silence Matters.

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)