Beyond the Blue

So thanks to Spotify, I have discovered folk artist Josh Garrels; I am addicted.

His music is an eclectic mix that matches my eclectic taste perfectly...I highly recommend checking it out.

That said, he has this song Beyond the Blue that made me think of this plan I am working on because daily....if not hourly....I am making decisions, making plans, working on to do lists, and sometimes I need to take time to sit and be very still and just think about what is in store down the road...in essence, beyond the blue.  :)

I'm laughing....

That is pretty cheesy...even for me. :)

It made me wonder...we spend so much time doing these days, that I wonder if we spend enough time really contemplating what is going to happen on the other side of all of this doing...right?  Right.

Hmmmm....

Pinned Image


Life goes on.  It does.  We try to hold on to the good things.  We try to hold on to the bad things.  The fact is that it simply doesn't matter how much we try to hold on to people, things, time, places...everything changes.  Kids grow up.  Loved ones pass.  Friends move.  Couples split.  Companies go out of business.  Small towns disappear.  "To Do" lists get completed (seriously :)). 

Life goes on.

Pinned Image

A friend of mine's father passed away unexpectedly yesterday morning.  It was a startling reminder that we don't know how much time any of us has in this life...or the time we have left with those we love.  The choices you make every day really do matter...sometimes more than you know.  Are you spending time with the people you really want to?  Are you working at a job you love?  Are you living where you want to live?  Are you living the life you dreamed of?  God dreamed for you?  What matters most...to YOU?

I made some of the toughest, lasting decisions of my life 16-18 months ago.  A few of those choices, I have to live with...Every. Day.  I don't regret any of them, but I am making dadgum sure that I have learned from them.  Most of those decisions were made believing I knew what was "beyond the blue"....I did not. I was foolish and arrogant to believe such...naive even.  That is life though...making the best decisions we can...Every. Day.  It isn't about being perfect or making perfect choices; it is about learning from the choices we make...living...laughing (a lot) and growing.  Why?  Because you cannot woulda, coulda, shoulda (thank you Dr. Wayne Dyer).  Think about it....you can't.

I am so excited about what is ahead of me that I have been wishing away the life I am in NOW.  I have to be patient....beyond the blue will be here soon enough, and there is plenty left to enjoy in this moment.

So...the lesson today is first don't woulda, coulda, shoulda....but also don't get so busy planning your future that you ignore the present.  The present is a gift...that you don't have to wait to open. :)

Oh yeah...I am THAT cheesy. :)))

"Somewhere along the way you will have to learn to just Trust Life. (Read that, "Trust God.") "
~ Neale Donald Walsch

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)