Providence Calling

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back.  Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth that ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now." ~ Goethe (though there is debate)

Isn't that just one of the most powerful and terrifying things you have ever read?!?!

Today I had lunch with a dear friend (it started as business) who by the end of lunch was pulling out her IPhone to find me this quote (it ended as personal:)).  I nearly fell out reading it.  One...because I needed to hear this. Period.  Second...because this is the second time in less than three weeks that someone out of the blue, completely random, started talking to me about "providence".  Do you remember the slogan, "Avon Calling"?....you get the title now...:)

Do you ever have one of those moments where you look around to make sure you are not on Candid Camera?  I'm with you. :) 

I digress...

I have to say that I just love it when the entire universe is on the same script and screaming at me. :)))

Have you ever just Googled a word, or a set of words, and then clicked on image.  Try it...very, very interesting. :)))

I digress. :)

This is one of the many images you get when you Google providence + love....hmmm...:)

I heard this song on the way home this weekend called Beauty Divine, and it was if I was hearing it for the first time.  I thought of one my wonderful, dear mentors when the line "...just breathe..." came on.  Isn't it simply wonderful to be known by one person, by a handful, by anyone whether it is knowing all of you or simply a small part of you.  It is all wonderful.

I digress...:)

I have to admit...I am waffling in my commitment to move forward in a direction that nearly borders on insanity to my rational, safe, planaholic, simple mind.  I am waffling every day...Every. Day.  Then...as if on cue...I get a phone call, a lunch/mtg., a text, a message, an e-mail, etc. from someone who encourages me (sometimes unknowingly) to keep moving (yes Lee, I was listening), and trust.

"Chance is the providence of adventurers.” ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
I am going to have to embrace the "crazy" in all of this, and just be.  Just breathe.  Just keep moving. 

I am not sure what I believe about "providence" for me, or in my life, but I have a funny feeling I am about to figure it out. :)

Doors and windows open and shut in our lives every day throughout our lives. The question is not will they shut or will they open?  The question is...which one will you walk through, walk away from, crawl in, or crawl out of...hmmmm?

Lately it seems like they are flapping open and shut like the nursery scene (where they are cleaning it up) in Mary Poppins.  The kids can't handle the "magic"....and I wonder if I am any more capable than them.  That just made me smile.  I am being a child about all of this...but then I am in uncharted territory so that is probably to be expected. :)  I digress....again. :)))

So what is the lesson in all of this?

Breathe. Listen. Be. Be still. Just be.

The rest will come...

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)