Squeeze A "Mother" Today :)

I have been given the unique experience of having had the highs and lows of a natural mother, a stepmother, and an adopted mother.  For the rest of my life, I will not experience Mother's Day without remembering the best and worst about having all three in my life. 

*Sigh*

That said, being the Pollyanna I am, I struggle with writing my heart on this subject.  I thought about writing about what it is like to be childless on this holiday, but the fantastic Melanie Notkin handled that beautifully leaving no need for me to add or take away from her stunning piece.  I thought about musing about my Sis' children who have been like my own, in so many ways, and how much their love has sustained me through the lows of the last twenty years while exalting me further during the highs.  I thought and I pondered...

An oldie but a goodie.  Jordan is now 18, Sam 14, and Jon 12.  They are my heart.

I was left with this...

I am grateful, and I am blessed.  Today is a reminder of the very best and worst of all things motherhood.  From the politics to the loving reminders.  From the stories of heartache over loss to those of mother "heroes" who saved their children, their communities, their lives.  From those that bore their children to those that adopted their children to those that save children in other ways every day. 

Squeeze all women today...for in some way every woman is a mother...we are all called to birth and mother differently.  Some simply lose the opportunity.  Some squander it.  Some....

Squeeze all woman today. :)

"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away." ~ Dinah Craik 

Sweet Sarah posted this quote earlier this morning for Mother's Day, and I could not agree or love it more.  To be this to someone whether child or stranger, is in essence, what it is to mother.

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Love, Heather Ruth aka "Pollyanna" :)

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)