Leadership ~ A Reminder by Jeff Long

I had to share this post Jeff Long, Leadership, Grace, and Second Chances because it says everything I wanted to say as I sat cross-legged in my office watching Jeff Long's press conference tonight.

I know I quote Robert Frost a great deal, but seriously...each of us have those moments, those decisions, those paths that we must choose...most are not easy. 


I do not imagine that tonight was what Jeff Long wanted to do, or even needed to do on some levels.  He could have made different choices.  Yet...he didn't.  I (because I too can show emotion from time-to-time with my teams so I get it) also loved the fact that he was not able to fully contain the emotion of the moment.

Leadership is not for the faint of heart.  Leadership is doing the right thing when it is just as easy to do the wrong thing.  Leadership is showing grace, class, and humanity...under pressure.

I hope that Jeff Long's leadership tonight resonates with every leader and future leader in Arkansas.  I hope it inspires other leaders to look at their leadership styles, ethics, and personal values.  All of us need a gut check.  We are all sinners in need of a Savior.  ALL of us.  We can all be great leaders.  ALL of us.

I am so glad that Jeff Long reminded the students, the faculty, the staff, the state, and the nation....that leadership, grace, and second chances matter.  That is a lesson we all need again and again.

Go Hogs!



Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)