Sunday Musings

"Nothing that is can pause or stay;
The moon will wax, the moon will wane,
The mist and cloud will turn to rain,
The rain to mist and cloud again,
Tomorrow be today."

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

In one week, the entire hollow has changed.  There is green everywhere.  Both creeks are running wildly.  Flowers are blooming.  The bees are buzzing.  Birds are chirping.  The wasps are circling.


pic.twitter.com/pBYnEBp

Ahhh...yes, the wasps.  Pretty soon there will be other un-fun stuff around...field mice, snakes, etc. 

This makes me pause...and ponder....

In life, we must take the good with the bad.  Life, my fearless readers, is not for the faint of heart. It is not meant to be lived out, or simply survived, in a cave somewhere (though I have one in case you are interested in a brief hibernation :)) alone.  You can, but you are defying life...defying God...defying the natural order (in of course, my humble opinion).

Life is taking the good with the bad.  Learning, living, loving, surviving, laughing, losing, savoring...life is quite simply, LIFE.

I have had lots of LIFE in my forty years.  I am no different than any other person inhabiting the planet.  I mean, I'm "different" but not about this. :)  I, God willing and if the creeks don't rise (quite literally) have more "life" ahead of me.  The point is to live it.  To take the good with the bad, assess, learn, and move on to the next part of life. 

Life is not for sissies.  Living, real living, takes work...it takes patience...it takes boldness...it takes bravery...it takes humility....it takes, and it takes. 

On this beautiful Sunday morning with new, fresh "life" all around me.  I am reminded (yet again) of how lucky and blessed I am.  I am grateful that I have an outlet for all of the thoughts (my musings) rattling around in my head.  I am grateful for my screwed up childhood that helped me to develop a strong spine.  I am grateful for the children in my life who inspire me and teach me how to be brave in the face of adversity.  I am grateful for mercy and grace that was and continues to be generously handed out for little ole' me no matter what I do right or wrong.  I am grateful because God knew, before I was born, that I would be a 'sinner in need of a Savior'.

Every. Day. I learn more about how to live my life.  Every. Day.  I learn.

I am brave.  I am strong.  I am beautiful.

You are brave.  You are strong.  You are beautiful.

Live your life.  Otherwise...what is the point?

Think about it....and be GLAD. :)))

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)