Perception Is Reality (No...Really) :)

I was recently in a meeting where a huge announcement was made...everyone was thrilled...all was well, and then out of nowwhere...this was said...

"...all the bloodletting (over what had just been announced) has come to a good fruition."

Hmmm....

Really?!?

I mean I was bloodied, beaten, left for dead, scarred, etc. during that process.  I am not sure I would characterize it in the same way...

I am wondering what the others who were slightly demoralized throughout the process would say?

...and that got me to thinking...

Just like one man's junk is another man's treasure....

One man's win is another man's loss...

Further one man's win is another man's win...kinda sorta maybe.

Perception. Is. Reality.

This is not just in business.  This is in life. 

A politician recently described an airport security scan as more invasive than a vaginal ultrasound. 

Really?!?  Maybe if you don't have one. 

Perception is reality.

I find this to be my new number one argument for why there should be higher percentages of various races, sexes, income levels, etc. in all representative forms of government, community, business, etc.  If you don't have a buffet of perceptions out there...you only get one perception (or a limited perception). 

Perception being reality isn't the problem; lack of a diverse group of perception IS the problem.

To every customer, co-worker, fellow board member, etc....here and now let me say, I not only want to hear your perception of your reality, but I need your perception.  Somewhere in between mine and yours...lies reality.

...and that, I am SO glad about...

Mercy me...this learning, growing, finding your voice stuff is hard work. :) :)

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)