Day 3 ~ Perseverance

I love perseverance. I love it in myself (when I am brave), and I love seeing it in others (even when I disagree with their belief or goal).

Tonight I watched Coco Before Chanel, and I loved it.  Lets remember...I loved it, and I am by far NOT a fashionista. It is a film that anyone who has ever had a dream bigger than themselves that absolutely seemed daunting, if not impossible, will be inspired by...it is a great story of perseverance.

In 2012, with all of our advances in society, technology, etc., I believe it is sometimes harder to "endeavor to persevere" than ever before.  Bravery and perseverance are not always traits that we uphold as virtues, especially in women.  That is a trend, I'd luck to buck. 

It takes bravery to be exactly who you are, and I hate to be the one to point it out, but exactly who you are (for better or worse) is absolutely different than anyone else.  God didn't make carbon copies, he made originals.  Whether you have Christian beliefs, or others, we can all agree that we are all made differently.  So why on earth do we work so hard to be just like everyone else?! 


I dare you to endeavor to persevere, to be brave, to be an original.  As I head into birthday season for "my babies" (as I affectionately call my baby Sis' children), I know that my primary wish for them is to grow up and be originals.  I know for a fact that they were born as such, and I want them to live up to their originality.  It is a wild, wacky, sometimes daunting world out there, and I want them to be cloaked with bravery, individuality, and perseverance.  All God given traits that they need to "own" as they step out into the world.

We adults could use a refresher course in them too...now and then. :)

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :) 

Labels: ,