Day 24 ~ Dominoes

I love dominoes.  Frankly, I believe it is genetic. :)

I spent most of this afternoon and early evening with Uncle Odale at the hospital.  He was having a good day, so we played dominoes...a lot of dominoes.  He beat me.  Duh. :)



I absolutely love playing dominoes, but it is more fun with those of Uncle Odale's generation.  Why?  I am not sure.  Maybe because it shows their competitive streak.  Maybe because it shows how smart they are...I mean they know your next play before you do....they are counting dots in their heads.  Calculators?  Who needs a calculator?  Not them.

Now that I am thinking and writing about it, I have a lot of good memories tied up in dominoes.  I have scorecards stuffed in my Bible, around my house, and on my fridge from special games with special people.  :)

One of those special games was the one time I can remember beating Uncle Odale.  We were playing with Miss Rosemary at her house a couple of years ago.  He told me that I was the first girl to ever beat him.  Now I highly doubt that is true, but Miss Rosemary told me later that she announced it at church that he had been beat by a girl to rounds of laughter.  Whether it is true or not, it is a great story that always makes me smile. 

What a great day of fun...more dominoes memories to store away...thank you Uncle Odale. :)

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)