Day 20 ~ Rain

I love the rain.

I especially love it on nights when insomnia takes hold and won't let go.  I am working on week five of some of the worst insomnia of my life.  Oh what I would give for a good night's sleep....

I digress. :)

As a child, I loved to sing the song, "Rain, rain, go away, come again another day," but I have no idea why.  I have actually always loved the rain.  Rain feeds into my love of everything being neat and tidy.  Come to think of it, I might need a monsoon to blow through here. :)

Just as I wrote the sentence above a giant limb crashed outside.  It broke some stuff, but I am fine.  It sounded like a tree had crashed onto the darkroom.  All is well, but boy oh boy...be careful what you ask for...:)

Anyway, I love rain...I love the wind too (when it howls, not when it damages stuff)...I guess the bottom line is that I like nature.  There is power in nature both seen and unseen.

Below is a photo I took a year or so ago in the hollow.  I thought it looked like a postcard from God.
 
"...Love, God"


Which reminds me...when I was driving back from Fayetteville yesterday with two of the tops off the Jeep, music blaring, wind blowing, and the sun shining down on me....I was a very happy girl.  Oh, well there was Starbucks in the cup holder...okay, the heat was on too....it got a little chilly. :) :)  I was so happy though feeling the wind and sun on my face and blowing through my hair. 

Hmmm....

The gypsy in me is coming out of hibernation.  It is time for a road trip, an adventure, a trip to somewhere.  Give this girl a map (or not) and the open road, and she is quite content.  I am quite content.

There is a reason children have recess, field trips, and summer camps.  We need to get outside...be outside...feel the power of nature, see the beauty of nature, and simply experience nature. 

I love the rain...and come to think about it, I don't think God is crying when it rains; I believe he is feeding us, nourishing us, and maybe reminding us to nourish ourselves...just a bit. :)

"I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." ~ George Washington Carver

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)