Day 19 ~ Books

I love books.  I love reading them.  I love smelling them (I know it is sick!).  I love libraries, bookstores, old books, new books, children's books, textbooks, books on books...I love books. :)

Today, I had one of my BEST. DAYS. EVER.  One of the reasons....well, I had the opportunity (and time) to spend a couple of hours at one of my favorite bookstores...Nightbird Books in Fayetteville, Arkansas.  It is one of the most eclectic bookstores I have ever been in, and I have my friends Rachel Burton and Jennifer Holland to thank for introducing me to this gem a few years back.  My pocketbook does NOT thank them.  The book selection borders on intoxicating (for a book lover).  I went nuts today.  Absolutely, tee-totally nuts.

I digress. :)


The fact of the matter is that more than a few of my blog posts are book related.  First, I am constantly reading no less than four books at a time.  I am also the epitome of an "active reader" as I must mark, highlight, dog-ear the pages, etc. as I read.  In fact, several people I work with have borrowed books of mine to read, and they comment that they like to see what I have highlighted along with my occasional margin notes.  I often wonder what those reveal about me....let us not ponder that too long.. :)

I digress...again. :)

Books.

I love books because they broaden my world, my dreams, my beliefs.  I love books because they remind me of my world, my dreams, my beliefs.  I love books because they feed my curious soul.

I love books...I love reading...I love the quote below because it crystallizes my belief on books and reading...

simply said.

I encourage you to go lose yourself in a book today. :)

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)