Happy Thanksgiving! :)

I don’t know how many of us remember that it was President George Washington who instituted “Thanksgiving” into law.  Click George Washington's 1789 Thanksgiving Proclamation  to jump to the full proclamation.

I thought it fitting to be reminded of this because the reason behind Thanksgiving was to establish a day of public thanksgiving and prayer on the cusp of what can only be described as turbulent times for the colonists who had fought a revolution, formed a government and established a presidency.  No small order.
 
Sometimes I feel like I am doing this at work, in some of my community involvement/board of directors, and even in my personal life (though, in all...on a much less dramatic (and no death) scale).   

When you think about it, all of us seem to be experiencing some kind of "revolution" in our lives.  We are changing jobs, changing roles, growing our families, losing family members, going to war, coming back from war,  and on and on.  None of these small feats. 

This week, I took the time to share this message with my team at work.  I am very proud (and thankful) for each of them.  I see each of them changing and growing every day.  I see myself (reflected in each of them) changing and growing every day.  What we are doing is not the American Revolution, but it is a revolution.  Not a day goes by that I don't notice changes each of them are making so as to ensure our firm's success while also ensuring their own individual success.

I wish for each of them and each of you a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving with your family, friends and loved ones.  Know that I am thankful and grateful for each of you as readers of this silly blog, and as tired (yes, even I get tired J) as I am….I am continuously energized by the potential success I see for the coming year.  Success that is not only measured by worldly accolades, but more importantly by the level of peace in my soul...and even more, the amount of love in my heart.

Wishing you a Thanksgiving full of peace, love, family, friends, food, joy and happiness (and just for today...no revolutions (or at least a cease fire)). :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

(Thankfulness 24)

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :) 

Labels: