Softness

There is nothing quite like a mammogram to remind you that your body is but a vessel.  :)

...and so began my day...

After a long day of doctor's appointments...all good news.  I am a grateful girl.

On my way home, I met a friend to go over some business.  At the end, he said the darnedest thing that I cannot get out of my head.  He commented that Wesley had brought a "softness" to me. 

A softness, huh... :)

That really struck me, and in nothing but a good way. 

"Softness" by HR

I am not sure if it was the word that struck me or how he used it.  Frankly, I thought about his statement most of my drive home. 

Have you ever thought about the meaning of that word?  Google it...there are quite a few.  Let me just focus on the one that states "of a gentle disposition; tender." Yep, that is me. :)

...give me a minute...still laughing...

I love that someone sees that in me.  I love that they give all of the credit to Wesley for it.  I love that one word inspired me to saunter home instead of race.  I love that sauntering (because that sounds so much better than being slow) gave me the opportunity to have a conversation with a distressed man in McDonald's at Clinton.  I love that it gave me opportunities to take some beautiful sunset shots during the drive.  I love that it inspired me to find a new song.  I love that is made me pull over, take a message from the office and re-do an entire day because all of the above made me realize my focus was off, and I needed to re-direct my energies tomorrow (and re-direct the energy of my team). 

All of that started with one word...softness.

*ahhhh*

Exhale.

Breathe.  Just breathe.

Let this inspire you to find the softness in your life today...to be the softness in your life today.  It is a rough and tumble world out there, and (as always) you have a choice on how you meet the world each day.  You can meet it on its turf or yours.

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :) 

Labels: