Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Love Personified

In my life I have seen great love, and I have seen great hate.  I have seen saints and sinners.  Don't kid a kidder...to quote someone I work with..."I am a sinner in need of a Savior."  I love this.  It is oh so true.  We all have both good and bad within us.  All. Of. Us.

Several years ago, Doretha Dillard Shipman came back into my life and proceeded to change my life.  She changed my life because she dared to not only love me unconditionally, but she helped heal some wounds I had (deceived myself that I had) long since buried.

Her birthday is coming up and it is a reminder to me of her great influence in my life, and my gratitude that she took a "high heeled" city girl, adopted her, and loved her whole again.

"Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." ~ F.P. Jones

Doretha teaching Kaden (her great grandson) how to do embroidery @ The Farm.

Doretha is a unique reminder that love always wins no matter the trial.  She is grace and kindness personified.  She loves fiercely while pursuing peace at every turn. 

I am so glad and blessed to have her in my life...she is my friend, a mother...an inspiration.

I wish for everyone someone in your life that shows you love...pure, string-less, complete, unconditional love.  Someone whose door is always open to you and when you walk through it the world stays on the outside and magic occurs on the inside.  Someone who is always their most authentic self.  Someone who inspires you to find and be your most authentic self.

The full breadth and depth of Doretha's life is a reminder that God is in the roses and the thorns, yet she focuses on the roses...and she teaches you to do the same. Every. Day.

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment