Choose Your Own Color



I had a phone call today from a fellow BBG (post for another day) so lets just call it one of my mentorees. :)  Yes...lets.

I am not sure I helped give them wings, but let me just say...they shouldn't have needed me to...just sayin'. :)


When I speak to someone who professionally has struggled to find their wings...not been given their wings...let me just say, it really angers me.  I cannot personally mentor everybody, but I hope that in some small way I do my part; I know I struggle with making the time to do more.  I know what it is like to be dropped off the side of a cliff.  If I had only one goal as a leader, it would be to mentor well the people entrusted to me.  To put it in a nutshell, let me say that if you are a manager reading this post, I hope you take a good hard look in the mirror and ask yourself, "Am I really taking the time to mentor the people that work for me?  Really?!"  If you are not, well than you might be a manager, but you are not a leader.  Not in my book.

Okay...enough of that soap box.

Lets just say you are not being mentored...do NOT let that stop you.  Let me be clear.  There is a big box of crayons out there; pick your own color.  If you don't, your color will pick you.  That is NOT what you want....not really.



I guess this analogy stuck out for me today because I seemingly colored my way through the most stressful times of my life.  People would laugh at me when I would head off to the store to buy fresh coloring books and a new box of 64 crayons.  Imagine what I did when I found a box of 120!! :)

Don't let anyone draw your picture, color your picture, or interpret your picture for you...you are a big girl or boy...you can do it.

Determination.  Perseverance.  Attitude.

There is nothing quite like believing in yourself....running your own race...choosing your own color. 

What does your picture look like? 

Whose yoke are you hitched to?

I have a fresh box of 120 and a coloring book if you need me to share.  Just sayin'. :)


Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)