Hug...like there is no one watching. :) :)


Let me be clear (and honest) from the beginning.  I am a hugger.

There...I said it.

In 100 days I will have held one-on-one meetings at work with every individual that reports up through me in my region.  I have hugged every last one of them at the end of each of those meetings.  

In the last month or so, I have conducted over 30 interviews, and I have hugged at least two of them (both unplanned...just instinct).  The rest got a warm handshake. ;)

In every single case, I asked if they wanted a hug (first step), and I was never turned down.  Not even once.  Nada.  Zip.

In every single case, they smiled and a relaxing change came over their demeanor.  It was as if their entire body had exhaled.  Nervous energy...new boss and all?  Maybe. 

Maybe...just maybe...something more....

We all need hugs. 

We were talking about this Sunday after church how Jesus greeted everybody with a kiss.  Why is it they we don't do that?  I envy Europeans with their beautiful, warm greetings. 

Can't I just get a hug??? 

This whole thing at work didn't start out as planned, but now...I am wondering if I shouldn't try to make it a part of our culture.

Hugs for everybody!!!!

Free Hugs Today!!!

Bank with us...we give free hugs.

Too much?!

My point...singular point...is that we need to touch each other...human (appropriate) contact.  Number one it shows your humanness.  Number two it is simply a nice thing to do.

So as I head out today, I wanted to inspire you to hug someone today...or two or three or four...

You will be glad you did.

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :) 

Labels: