Hell On Heels, Revolution & Jesus


Sometimes being a change agent is hard...right up until the point that it isn't. 

Today...it isn't anymore...at least for one part of my life.

I found my wall today (not completely unexpectedly), and before thinking twice (I thought once. ;)), I barreled through it. 

There are a lot of wonderful, smart, sweet, good people in this world...and unfortunately that is where all of their good intentions end....right where they began. 

Today, I could take no more good intentions.  Today, I believe I crossed the line into Hell On Heels (Pistol Annies) land. :)  It might have been when I used the phrase..."...it is time to get down to the nut cuttin'". :)  Too much??!! :)  Well, not according to the feedback I received tonight; I guess I am not the only one frustrated with good intentions.

Hmmm....

So where is the line between revolutionist/hell on heels and difference maker/change agent??  Seriously.  I'm asking.

For my money, it is when the revolutionists outnumber the rest, or at least one of them gets into a position of power (without accidentally forgetting what they stood for BEFORE their ascension).

Change is not a four letter word.  Why is it SO difficult to convince people of that?? 

I have been re-reading Laurie Beth Jones' first book "Jesus, CEO".  The following is a brief synopsis on the book from her website ~

"Her first book, Jesus CEO, Using Ancient Wisdom For Visionary Leadership was written when she was struck by the notion that Jesus’ leadership approach with his staff (disciples) ran counter to many of the management styles and techniques being employed and popularized. As the owner of a successful marketing company, Laurie became increasingly dismayed to find invaluable human energy and intelligence untapped or underutilized. She made it her goal to help empower people by encouraging them to re-view the divine excellence in themselves and in those they serve. Using Ancient Wisdom for Visionary Leadership is a practical, step-by-step guide to communicating with and motivating people. It is based on the Strength of Self-Mastery, Strength of Action, and Strength of Relationship skills that Jesus used to train and motivate his team. It can be applied to any business, service, or endeavor that depends on more than one person to accomplish a goal, and can be implemented by anyone who dares. Laurie Beth uses the content of becoming an "Omega Leader" as one of her key Leadership Resources when working with teams and developing leaders. She coined this phrase, "Omega Leader" as a result of looking at the leadership style of Jesus and how he led using both the Alpha and Beta styles of leadership."

I first started reading her books back in 1996, and I swear they ring more true today than they did 15 years ago.  I am starting to believe that "change" (creating it) is not the biggest problem out there; empowering people to do their jobs, live up to their full potential...that appears to be the pain point.  What are we afraid of??

Maybe as we are all striving to be like Christ and live up to his perfect example.  Maybe...just maybe...we should examine him wholly instead of cherry picking the parts of him we are comfortable with...

Just thinking out loud here, and I am NOT trying to offend.

He wasn't all sugar and spice.  To simplify him down to that....well, that is misleading (at the least).

*I have to stop....I can hear it now..."Hell On Hells" and Jesus!  In the same post!  She has lost it!*

I loved, loved, loved today.  I was challenged, encouraged, and I felt change in the air.  Fall isn't the only thing blowing into Arkansas....just sayin'. :)

Eccl. 3:1 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose..."

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :) 

Labels: , ,