Passion, Purpose and Finding the PERFECT Fit :)

Passion and purpose in advertising...yep...Pollyanna strikes again.  Woo Hoo!! :)

Have I mentioned how much I absolutely, positively, tee-totally LOVE my job??!!  Well...I do.  I have NEVER worked this hard on all cylinders before, but what a ride!!

One of my old co-workers from over a decade ago nicknamed me "Vision" because of my passion, energy and "ideas" on things.  What a thrill to finally be able to share my "vision" in my work with some tangible impact.  I am not always right...to steal my boss' line (in describing himself), "Like a flip of a coin, maybe half of the time." (Which cracked me up!!)  You cannot find out though until you try.  I am all for sharing ideas and seeing what sticks.  Today was an idea sharing day...some stuck, some didn't, but it all felt good. :)


The point is to be authentic, and if you cannot figure out a way to be authentic in and at your work...you are simply in the wrong spot.  It took me a long time to learn that lesson.  Do you remember the toy (see picture above) where you fit the different shapes in the right hole?  Do you remember where you were when you lost the ability to do that basic skill?  Now you might be smirking to yourself right now, but I want you to really think about it.

I am here to tell you that we/I have forgotten that basic skill when it comes to matching our authentic selves (full of passion and purpose) with our careers.  You can jam and push and shove, but you are never really going to get a square peg in a round hole.  I convinced myself the problem was that I wasn't round...but the real problem was I was in the wrong spot.

I am so glad that fate, God, divine intervention, perseverance, dumb luck, great mentors....whatever you want to base it on...I am so glad I had any and all of it.  Mostly, I am glad I finally stopped arguing with myself, shut up, and listened.  Who knows how often opportunity knocked while I was yelling at myself??!! 

I say this to anyone reading this...with all the love in the world...shut up and listen.  I believe you will be glad you did.

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :) 

Labels: ,