Got Passion?

Got your attention?

Well, it is not what you think.  Sorry. 

I have been asked to give a presentation to a group of professionals on "passion".  How to find it, use it, and keep it.  This applies to all you do ~ work, your community involvement, your family, your hobby...the things that matter most to you.


I would like for those that read this blog to share with me your thoughts on passion.  Do you believe as Jack Nicklaus?  What is your purpose in life?  Do you have passion in your purpose?  Is passion lacking in your life?  Why?  If you have a lot of it?  Why?  What do you believe keeps you from having it, or has helped you to master it?


Passion is defined in Wikipedia as...

Passion (from the Ancient Greek verb πάσχω (paskho) meaning to suffer or to endure) is a term applied to a very strong feeling about a person or thing. Passion is an intense emotion compelling feeling, enthusiasm, or desire for something.  The term is also often applied to a lively or eager interest in or admiration for a proposal, cause, or activity or love - to a feeling of unusual excitement, enthusiasm or compelling emotion, a positive affinity or love, towards a subject, idea, person, or object.

So sit down and take some time today to think about what interest, activity or cause excites or enthuses you.  Please share with me your thoughts (privately or as a comment).  I look forward to hearing from others on what "passion" means in their lives.  Passion is a powerful word, and worthy of the question.  Do you have passion in your life?

I promise to share my own thoughts (and eventually my presentation) after my speaking engagement at the end of the month.  I cannot tell you how honored ("glad") and excited I am to have been asked to speak.  Since I will be speaking on passion that day, I might need to take a couple of extra gummy vitamins. ;)


My hope is that each of you will take a moment and ponder upon passion this weekend.  You might just learn something new about yourself.  Think about it.  I bet you will be glad you did.

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)  

Labels: