High on...Life?...Drugs?...Dreams?...Yes, that is it!! :)

Have you ever had one of those days that just went like magic? 
 
Copyright by fredbecker.com

Your coffee was perfect.  Your morning routine went smooth.  You got ready for work and you felt like you looked like a million bucks.  Your honey is extra sweet on the phone.  Your commute is smooth.  Your meetings all go like clockwork.  You hit some bumps, but they end up more like speed bumps than brick walls.  You end your day with the best meeting ever.  You have a great dinner.  Your last errand is a complete shambles, but you are walking to your car singing and shrugging your shoulders knowing it will be okay.

Have you ever had one of those days??

Today is that kind of day for me.  I just got home from a long day.  It is 7:30 p.m.  I am somewhere between high as a kite and exhausted, but I swear if you put me on the stand, I would not be able to honestly answer which was more...it has been a GREAT day.  This got me to thinking...

What are those key factors that make or break a day for you?  What determines that your day is a 9 out of 10 or a 2?  I ask that because everything today was not perfect...not by a long shot, but on par it was a GREAT day.  I cannot stop smiling.  Hint...that dumb grin of mine is usually an indicator that no matter what, I am having a GREAT day. :)

Copyright thought-processor.com
My challenge to you today is to determine for yourself what is the difference between a good day, a great day, or a bad day.  I didn't just make this up either, if you are wondering. :)  When I worked in Nashville, I had developed this "theory" and shared it with one of my clients.  They started using it and were amazed.  All you do is develop your list and then you plan those "bare minimums for happiness" into your day.  For instance, lets just say that when you look back your best days, are those where you:

  1. Prayed
  2. Worked Out.
  3. Phoned or Visited with a Friend.
  4. Accomplished one thing off your long-term ("C" list for you Franklin Covey users) to do list.
  5. Wrote a thank you note(s).
  6. Checked off something on the to do list for making your dream(s) come true.
It is really simple actually.  Basic market research.  Look back on the last 30 days, determine which were your GREAT days, and then determine what are similar things you did on each of those GREAT days?  Trust me.  You will be surprised when you have 5 more or less that overlap.  Then, when you start implementing those tried and true minimums into your daily life (as routine as brushing your teeth), you will be amazed as you start feeling more and more ON TOP OF THE WORLD! :)

Copyright findingoptimism.com

Today has been a GREAT day, and I am so GLAD.  I have great friends and family that push me to my limits, but they also encourage me to dig deeper and find more of myself.  What does Heather REALLY want?  They push me to find out.  They push me to not settle for a life half-lived, half-engaged in, or half-fulfilled.  I can't do anything about how much time God will give me on this earth, but I have every opportunity to determine what I make of the time he does give me.  I am so glad of that. 

I hope you will try the exercise above, and if you do, please give me feedback privately or through comments.  I would love to hear your stories.  Find the symptoms and characteristics of your BEST days, and then make them your best practice EVERY day.  You will be so glad you did.


One more thing....a favorite quote I read today..."The sun shines not on us but in us." ~ John Muir...we should all remember how TRUE that is...

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)