Top 10 Things I Love About Snow Days :)



I am seeing a lot of people (man are we all bored or what) doing Top 10 lists as we sit at home after the fifth round of winter weather in a month beats down on us here in Arkansas.  I was inspired to do one of my own.

  1. Leisure.  I love getting to sit in bed first thing in the morning and read my news, drink my coffee, and NOT have to worry about rushing to get 10 thing accomplished before everyone gets into the office....because no one is going to be in the office, or if they do it will be around 10 a.m.  No worries. :)
  2. Cooking.  I love getting to play around in the kitchen.  I never get to piddle around in there and with less pressing concerns, this is MY time. :)
  3. Reading.  I love getting to catch up on my reading.  We all have those piles of magazines and books that are growing dusty in the floor by our bed or desk.  Then there is the more modern "catch all pile" the file folder on your computer where you save "articles I want to read".  Who cares if you can't remember why you saved half of them.  Grab your reading glasses and dig in. :)
  4. Snow Ice Cream!! :)
  5. Birds.  Feeding the birds!  As my friend Beth pointed out yesterday, the birds seem hungrier and more active this winter.  I know that each time it has snowed, I have tried to feed them multiple times throughout the days.  It is peaceful and reassuring somehow to watch them. :)
  6. Facebook.  It brings you together with all of your friends to see what everyone else is doing, and it gives you access to more great stuff to read and view.  I frankly get 90% of my news now via links to my FB account.  From The New York Times to your local news station, it is one stop shopping at its best.  Also when you are snowed in and have cabin fever, FB is simply a break from eating another pile of homemade goodies.  :)
  7. Blogging.  I have enjoyed writing so much these past couple of months, and I am tremendously grateful to have some additional time to practice.  A really wonderful treat. :)
  8. Nature.  It is amazing how snow, more than any other form of precipitation makes everything so quiet around you.  Entire cities shut down.  Traffic comes to a halt.  It all reminds me of one of my favorite childhood books "Katy and The Big Snow" by Virginia Lee Burton.  Everything stops, but then it slowly comes back to life.  It is like Mother Nature gives us a moment to catch our breath.  Beautiful. :)
  9. Snuggling.  I am a snuggler.  Whether it is with someone you love or under your favorite blanket, snuggling makes you feel warm and safe.  A beautiful warmth just radiates in you and through you when you snuggle or are being snuggled. :)
  10. Family.  So Mother Nature hit the pause button for you so what are you going to do with the extra time?  Taking advantage of unplanned family time has got to be the number one plus for a snow day.  You never get to spend enough time with your family, and you probably spend a lot of time worrying about it.  Look at the gift of time you just got granted.  As the kids say...Awesome! :)
So that is my list.  What is yours?  I hope you take the time to make one even if you only write it in your heart. 

I am so glad that Mother Nature hit the pause button.  I needed to catch my breath.  She is SO smart. ;)

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,