Some of my Facebook friends are in the process of doing this....
You create a photo album in Facebook and in the description tab you put the following:
Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest.
Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show.
Day 04 - A picture of your night.
Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.
Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.
Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.
Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh.
Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with.
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.
Day 12 - A picture of something you love.
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.
Day 19 - A picture of you when you were little.
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget.
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at.
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.
Day 25 - A picture of your day.
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of.
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss
Then you load your day one photo (which is of you) and on the caption you type "Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.", hit enter twice and then type your list of 15 below that. Each day you are to load a new photo to the album and put that day's descrption. For example, "Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss" in the caption area.
I am not sure what the point is of this exercise, but the fact that some of my friends have struggled with it intrigues and amuses me...so I am going to try it. Who knows...it might just be one of those funny exercises that gives you a daily laugh, and lets be honest...who couldn't use a guaranteed daily laugh for 30 days straight?
Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
I am thinking the photo I should have added was this one...
- My name is Heather Ruth Nelson.
- My middle name goes back at least four generations (that I am aware of) on my mother's side.
- I was born in Memphis, Tennessee; we moved to Yellville shortly after I was born because my parents had read the Foxfire book series and felt the need to get back to the basics (my father was from Yellville). The year was 1971.
- No doubt my closet hippy and absolute gypsy nature was fostered with my parents BIG decision to move home shortly after my birth.
- The nickname that stuck and means the most to me is "Sunshine". Note that only two or three people use it in my life; I like it that way because it makes it more special. It developed out of "Sunny Nelson" bestowed upon me by my Uncle Zell.
- I love books/reading, writing, photography...I wish I could make my living doing a combination of all three.
- I am a Christian. I owe my life...my Christianity...to the saving graces and loving actions of the College and North Church of Christ Youth Group (circa early 80's). I think of one or all of them on a nearly daily basis and smile; I owe them...BIG.
- Perseverance is my middle name. I believe that anything worth truly having is truly worth working for. I worked my way through college over five years. My graduate degree was even harder...it took me six years to complete going to night classes while managing a career by day. Those two situations alone taught me perseverance, gratitude and the need to give back.
- I wanted to be Wynonna Judd when I was a teenager. She was beautiful, bold, feisty, sassy...everything I felt I wasn't, and I wanted the bus, the career, the guitar...mainly I wanted someone to pay me to sing and travel the world.
- I believe in soul mates. Always have. Always will.
- I love kids. I am a BIG kid. The kids in my life have CHANGED my life.
- I am a workaholic. Just like my dad. Just like my grandparents.
- Pollyanna is my HERO!
- I am loyal...to a fault. It gets me in trouble sometimes...especially when it is in tandem with my notorious "rose colored glasses".
- I am TOO tenderhearted for my own good. It is a quality I both love and loathe about myself.
...and no, I am not high as a kite...well, at least not of the drug variety. :) This is just my normal "face". I hope that you will try this OR simply try something new this weekend. Have a little fun with it. You might just end up surprising yourself and learning something new about...of all things, yourself.
|Heather's Cheesy Smile :)|
I will be honest, I found the list for Day 01 difficult to complete, but in the end...you guessed it...I was glad I did it. :)
Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)
Labels: Books, College and North Church of Christ Youth Group, Facebook, Memphis, Perseverance, Photography, Pollyanna, Rose Colored Glasses, Soul Mate, Uncle Zell (Davenport), Writing, Yellville