30 Day Photo Challenge

Some of my Facebook friends are in the process of doing this....

You create a photo album in Facebook and in the description tab you put the following:

Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest.
Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show.
Day 04 - A picture of your night.
Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.
Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.
Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.
Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh.
Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with.
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.
Day 12 - A picture of something you love.
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.
Day 19 - A picture of you when you were little.
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget.
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at.
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.
Day 25 - A picture of your day.
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of.
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss

Then you load your day one photo (which is of you) and on the caption you type "Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.", hit enter twice and then type your list of 15 below that.  Each day you are to load a new photo to the album and put that day's descrption.  For example, "Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss" in the caption area.

I am not sure what the point is of this exercise, but the fact that some of my friends have struggled with it intrigues and amuses me...so I am going to try it.  Who knows...it might just be one of those funny exercises that gives you a daily laugh, and lets be honest...who couldn't use a guaranteed daily laugh for 30 days straight? 


Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
  1.  My name is Heather Ruth Nelson.
  2. My middle name goes back at least four generations (that I am aware of) on my mother's side.
  3. I was born in Memphis, Tennessee; we moved to Yellville shortly after I was born because my parents had read the Foxfire book series and felt the need to get back to the basics (my father was from Yellville).  The year was 1971. 
  4. No doubt my closet hippy and absolute gypsy nature was fostered with my parents BIG decision to move home shortly after my birth. 
  5. The nickname that stuck and means the most to me is "Sunshine".  Note that only two or three people use it in my life; I like it that way because it makes it more special.  It developed out of "Sunny Nelson" bestowed upon me by my Uncle Zell.
  6. I love books/reading, writing, photography...I wish I could make my living doing a combination of all three.
  7. I am a Christian.  I owe my life...my Christianity...to the saving graces and loving actions of the College and North Church of Christ Youth Group (circa early 80's).  I think of one or all of them on a nearly daily basis and smile; I owe them...BIG.
  8. Perseverance is my middle name.  I believe that anything worth truly having is truly worth working for.  I worked my way through college over five years.  My graduate degree was even harder...it took me six years to complete going to night classes while managing a career by day.  Those two situations alone taught me perseverance, gratitude and the need to give back.
  9. I wanted to be Wynonna Judd when I was a teenager.  She was beautiful, bold, feisty, sassy...everything I felt I wasn't, and I wanted the bus, the career, the guitar...mainly I wanted someone to pay me to sing and travel the world. 
  10. I believe in soul mates.  Always have.  Always will.
  11. I love kids.  I am a BIG kid.  The kids in my life have CHANGED my life.
  12. I am a workaholic.  Just like my dad.  Just like my grandparents.
  13. Pollyanna is my HERO!
  14. I am loyal...to a fault.  It gets me in trouble sometimes...especially when it is in tandem with my notorious "rose colored glasses".
  15. I am TOO tenderhearted for my own good.  It is a quality I both love and loathe about myself.
I am thinking the photo I should have added was this one...

Heather's Cheesy Smile :)
...and no, I am not high as a kite...well, at least not of the drug variety. :)  This is just my normal "face".  I hope that you will try this OR simply try something new this weekend.  Have a little fun with it.  You might just end up surprising yourself and learning something new about...of all things, yourself. 

I will be honest, I found the list for Day 01 difficult to complete, but in the end...you guessed it...I was glad I did it. :)

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,