No matter how long we have traveled on the wrong road, we can always turn around.

How do you know when it is time to stop, turn, and simply go in a new or different direction?   

I personally call them my "Come to Jesus Moments" (again, hope I do not offend anyone) because I feel like those are the moments when God stops me in my tracks and says, "Look.....I am not playing with you anymore..."  These have always come to me in all walks of my life ~ personal, career, friendships, illness, death, loss, etc.  Sometimes I ask for mercy because I feel like he is giving me too much personal attention, but the truth is that I am simply trying God's patience...and too often in too many areas of my life.  Not to play the female card, but it does seem like our lives are one big giant pile of spaghetti and meatballs (there is a great book about this that I will find and share) with every part of our lives all mushed up in every other part of our lives.  So...if one thing starts tanking or sliding, well, lets not mince words, it starts impacting every other area of our life.  Good grief.  Women want simplicity, we just struggle to keep our meat and noodles separate. :) 

Well, I might as well be in Italy (no wonder I loved that part of "Eat Pray Love") because I am having quite a few of these "moments" lately.  Frankly, I am starting to believe God feels a little guilty about it.  Why?  Well, I have this little theory that God sends me an angel to encourage me through these tough times when he realizes that maybe, just maybe, he has given me too much "to bear".  My own personal angel out of guilt.  I know that is impossible, but it is a funny thought.

Today, I was sent one of God's little angels in the form of a friend and professional associate.  He always says how much I motivate him, but the truth is that he motivates me.  It was so great to spend time with him today!  We not only got a lot of work done, I got to see pictures of his beautiful family, and we had some time to talk about dreams.  I ended up sharing some of my short-term professional dreams with him, and not only did he not laugh...he was giving me ideas for some immediate next steps.  We were both a little giddy and motivated by the time we parted.  I also want to say that I still consider him an angel EVEN after he stated that we were getting old and that is why our bodies were starting to fall apart.  Very funny...as I cry through tears of knowing how true that is...good thing I could care less about getting old...well, except for the body falling apart stuff.  I digress. :)

This leads me to a wonderful quote by Mark Twain, "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great"  Today I had a visit with an angel that is truly "great".  The thing is, we all get visits every day of our lives from God's little angels; we simply too often do not take the time to acknowledge them.  On the other hand, It is important to remember to surround yourself with people that build you up and to distant yourself from people who tear you down.  Even more, it is important to be able to tell the difference.  Don't laugh; not everyone can, and I know this because I was once one of those people without a clue how to discern between the two.

I am so grateful for the angels sent to me for a time and those sent to me for a lifetime.  Today and every day, I wish for each of you a visit from an angel of your own. 

P.S....and when they tell you, "You can do it." Just this once, believe them. :)  I am. ;)

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)

Labels: , , ,