Mondays ~ not for the faint of heart :)

Today started off like any other....a wonderful cup of coffee, the morning news, a phone call from someone I love...I was full of optimism.  Big week!  Solid plan.  Then splat!!

Seriously, around 10:30 a.m. I looked up with a dazed look on my face and I pondered how my day could have spiraled out of control so quickly.  Plus, it was only 10:30 a.m.!!  All else aside, today should have been a blissfully normal day highlighted by bouts of euphoria due to the fact that my incredible assistant was coming back to work today after being out since the first of December.  Forget anything else, this alone was cause for celebration!  Yet alas...that euphoria was barely celebrated due to the onslaught of demanding e-mails and phone calls.  Note to self ~ when both phones start ringing plus Skype ~ just say no.  Why?  Because no good can come of trying to answer all of those phones, e-mails and IMs popping up all at the same time.  Technology is tricking you into thinking you can do it all.  You cannot.  All of that buzzing and ringing...taunts...they are all taunting you.  Just say no.  Why can't I remember that??

Does anyone else have one of those days when you just want to not open any additional e-mails?  Like you had that one that just hurt you or angered you or overwhelmed you, and you thought, okay that is it for today.  I'm done.  Yet you don't stop opening them (because you are one of those "responsible" people) and goodness gracious if they don't keep getting worse??  Then you just start laughing nervously as you scream inside your head, stop the madness.  Yes, it was one of those days.

Best laid plans.  About the fourth conference call of the day, I started wondering didn't I use to have down time?  Wasn't I once bored every once in awhile during the course of a day or week?  Lately I feel like I am on the teacup ride at Disney World and the kids won't stop spinning the wheel.  Boy, do I feel dizzy. :)

So here I am with my Pollyanna all busted but needing to play the glad game (okay, I rolled my eyes a little).  All kidding aside, I had the sweetest laugh today when I looked out the window, as I stood up to stretch while on a marathon conference call, and saw the pups chasing each other all over the hillside.  What joy!  I am so glad to have found them and have them in my life.  I am also glad because when I spoke to Granny this morning she sounded happy and upbeat...and frankly not scared at all about driving over to Mtn. Home with Uncle Odale for lunch.  For those that don't know, Uncle Odale is Granny's 90 year old (older) brother; she is 88 years old.  There are some, I am not one of them, that are scared to ride with Uncle Odale.  He is an excellent driver.  I am so glad they were spending time together today.  Their get up and go is inspiring.  Honestly, I was envious that I could not galavant all over the back roads with them today. :(

Tomorrow is another day; this one is over.  So while that might be the only thing you have to be glad about, I challenge you to find at least one thing ~ especially on the rough days ~ that made you smile.  Roll your eyes if you must; no one is watching. :)

Sunshine Dreams to You ~ Today and Every Day! :)

Labels: , , ,